An alcohol-free drink that mixes refreshing flavors and aromas such as strawberry, lime, elderflower and cardamom.
Do you want the recipe? Here it is for you to make the cocktail yourself:
Ingredients for a drink:
- 3 oz of Royal Gala Marlene apple juice
- 1 oz of homemade vermouth without alcohol * (we also give alternatives to homemade vermouth)
- 1/2 oz of natural strawberry puree
- 1/4 oz fresh lime
- 1/2 tablespoon of lavender syrup
- Top non-alcoholic apple cider top
Add all ingredients, except cider, along with freshly squeezed apple juice in a glass of wine; fill it with ice cubes or another form (not chopped); Stir lightly with a bar spoon, and finally, add the cider. Decorate it with a half slice of very thin apple.
Preparation of homemade vermouth
- 1 liter of red must
- 1/2 tablespoon of wormwood
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon elderflower coffee
- 1 tablespoon green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of centaura coffee
- 1/2 tablespoon gentian coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Herbs and flowers are deposited in gauze or mesh, and macerated for a month in red grape must, in a tightly closed container, stored in a dark place without moisture. Once the vermouth is achieved, the herbs are separated and the sugar is incorporated.
Alternative to homemade vermouth
For those who opt for a quick version of the cocktail you can substitute the homemade vermouth without alcohol with grape must, and the final cider, with a drink top bitter gasified Keeping the rest of the ingredients and the preparation the same.
Bartender Luis Inchaurraga, director of the House of Mixology cocktail school, has made this red and refreshing apple cocktail with his own name: Royal Spritz Marlene, made with the Royal Gala variety of Marlene apples.